Thursday, March 18, 2010

You're getting sleeeeeepy, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy

I saw Dr. Stillman (call him Mike!) yesterday. We focused on sleep. He prescribed Lunestra, every other day; eliminate alcohol; and get more exercise.

Last night Janet and I enjoyed a beer together to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. That is the last alcohol I'll have (in theory) until April 18. I was tempted to eat after dinner, as usual, and went so far as opening the drawer containing the huge chunk of super-sharp cheese -- but I closed it -- and decided that I was really looking forward to breakfast (I put some cheese in my organic tomato basil soup). And I didn't drink any alcohol.

Lights out was 10:30 and I feel asleep easily. I woke around 2:00, got up and played with the computer for 45 minutes, felt sleepy and returned to bed and slept. I woke up again at 5:00, stayed drowsily in bed until 6:00. Feel sleepy this morning.

Breakfast was too many calories: a good sized bowl of the soup, plus maybe 2-3 ounces of cheddar -- and then a large orange and a large Chinese pear on the way to work.

I did my first real weight-lifting session in at least a month, working pretty hard for maybe 45 minutes. I feel slightly weaker than previously. I added the leg press to the routine. I need a new routine.

Two pounds a week requires a calorie deficit of 1000 per day. Lots of luck. I'll settle for 1 or 1.5 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment